ACCREDITATION BY EDEXCEL
Hamidiye International School is a fully accredited academic institution by Pearson Edexcel. We are therefore an authorized learning center for all Pearson Edexcel qualifications. We currently offer International GCSE and International A-Levels in all major subjects as follows:
SUBJECTS TAKEN BY OUR STUDENTS IN ALL LEVELS:
It is worth noting that apart from the Edexcel curriculum classes, our school shall have a religious syllabus made up of Arabic language, Islamic Studies, and the Holy Quran subjects (these shall be taken from Year 1-12 and shall NOT be examined by Pearson Edexcel).
It is worth noting that apart from the Edexcel curriculum classes, our school shall have a religious syllabus made up of Arabic language, Islamic Studies, and the Holy Quran subjects (these shall be taken from Year 1-12 and shall NOT be examined by Pearson Edexcel). As a school, we have our EYP classes subdivided into Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes. The following subjects shall be taken among other proactive class activities:
- iEarly years’ English
- iEarly years’ Mathematics
- iEarly years’ The World around Us
- Other subjects and activities include; Arabic language, Quran & Islamic Studies, Environmental Studies, Creative Writing, Arts, Music, Theater, Physical Education, etc.
KS1-KS3 represents iLower Primary, iPrimary to iLower Secondary which falls between Year 1-8 in our school therefore, the outlined curriculum, syllabus contents, and subjects taught in these levels shall be as required by the Pearson Edexcel curriculum and made up of the following:
- iLower Primary, iPrimary and iLower Secondary English
- iLower Primary, iPrimary and iLower Secondary Math
- iLower Primary, iPrimary and iLower Secondary Science
- iLower Primary, iPrimary and iLower Secondary Computing
PS: The following supportive subjects are also included in the program for the Primary and lower Secondary namely; Social Studies, Arabic language, Quran & Islamic Studies, Creative Writing, etc.
Our school offers Pearson Edexcel IGCSE qualifications and we are fully accredited and registered as a proper IGCSE Edexcel examination Centre since we believe that it is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16-year-olds. Outlined below are some of the subjects to be taken by our students (It is also important to note that our official language of instruction for all Edexcel Curriculum subjects shall be English from KG-Yr.12).
- Edexcel IGCSE English as SL Language (Obligatory)
- Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics (Obligatory)
- Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry (Obligatory)
- Science Edexcel IGCSE Biology//Physics//Both (Electives)
- Humanities Edexcel IGCSE History//Geography (Electives)
- Technical Applied Sciences Pearson Edexcel IGCSE Business Studies//ICT//Both (Electives)
– Just as required by IGCSE, our students shall only be eligible for enrollment in IA levels when they score at least 5 points in 5 IGCSEs and score at least 7 points in the subjects they wish to choose in both AS & A2 level.
– The learners in IAL in our school are, therefore, expected to select a minimum of 3 subjects and a maximum of 4 subjects in line with their qualifications and future careers. The following are the subjects we plan to offer in International Advanced Level (IAL) in our school:
- Pearson IAL English Language
- Pearson IAL English Literature
- Pearson IAL Pure Mathematics
- Pearson IAL Business Studies
- Pearson IAL Biology Pearson IAL Chemistry
- Pearson IAL Physics
As a school, we are having classes spanning from KG, KS1, KS2, KS3, IGCSE to IA-Levels following a K-12 academic progression fashion. Our main language of instruction is English in all IGCSE related subjects except in Arabic, Quran and Islamic studies.
We have adopted the Pearson Edexcel academic class progression model from the KG-IA Levels.
Our Class sizes and official placement procedures are aimed at maintaining a good academic balance of students within different year groups, grades, and classes. Since we handle international students of varied academic backgrounds, the following are our main considerations:
- Student’s academic capacity and previous learning model.
- Students’ ages should conform to the IGCSE Edexcel model where possible.
- The specific learning support required by the student.
We always keep enrollment of up to a max of 25 learners per class in Key stages 1 (Year 1-2), Key Stage 2 (Year 3-4-5), Key Stage 3 (Year. 7-8), IGCSE (Year 9-10), and AS & A Level (Year 11-12). Our classroom allocations are done based on the subject selection in Years 9-10-11 and 12). Illustrated here-below is our yearly class progression model/structure in Hamidiye schools.